COLESHILL VILLAGE HALL
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the Hall including all other persons using the premises. This includes parking which must prevent obstruction of any boundaries. In addition, responsibility means complete care for the internal and external fabric.
- The Hirer cannot sub-let use of the Hall for any unlawful activities or those which might be prohibited under the Hall’s insurance policy.
- The Hirer shall complete the necessary forms and pay any fee required for use of the Premises Licence, if required, for the intended activities.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for any damage done. A deposit against such eventualities may be required7 days in advance of the booking.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
- At the end of the hiring, the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the hall and forecourt premises in a clean and tidy condition and removing all his equipment, bottles, glass, stage effects, stalls etc. Any Village Hall contents temporarily removed from their proper positions should be replaced and the Hall locked and secured and the keys returned to the Booking Agent. Any costs incurred by a failure to honour this obligation will be deducted from any deposit which the Hirer might have paid.
- The Committee reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required for the use of a Polling Station, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
- In the event of the hall becoming rendered unfit due to unforeseen events, the Committee shall not be liable for any consequential losses. It may or may not, at its absolute discretion, refund sums already paid for the booking.
- Applications for hire will not be accepted from persons less than 18 years of age.
- The Committee reserve the right to refuse any application for hire of the Hall.
- Guests must leave the Hall by 11.30pm and the Hall vacated by the hirer no later than midnight.
- The Hirer shall pay such security deposit as the Committee shall determine in addition to the hiring fee (4). The deposit shall be returned to the Hirer after the use of the premises provided that these booking terms and conditions of hire have been complied with. In the event of a breach of any of these conditions, the security deposit, or a part thereof, will be forfeited. The decision of the Committee shall be final in determining the forfeiture of the deposit.
- The School Playground is often available for car parking for any large function that takes place on a weekend or any other time when not required by the school. There is an extra charge for its use.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for illuminating the emergency exit lights during the period of hire and putting them off at the end of the hire period.